dopepope
PPCGeeks Regular

dopepope is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Trying to love the Omnia but its hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
I have been a WinMo user since the beginning. You name the device and I've had it or some variant - it is part of my job. I've also begun supporting the iPhone.

I truly prefer WinMo and I'd really love to use the Omnia but!!!

It just seems like it isn't a touch based machine or stylus based machine (a goofy stylus on a string included - GOOFY).

I've tried to love it - installed the hacks but still some nagging issues.
-Small control screen at the top - difficult to use "X" button.
-Silverinbox would make touch email great but it is buggy and freezes.
-Keyboard sucks
-GPS is locked up (should be unlocked sometime in the next 5 months now - but locked up today)
-etc

Now the iPhone truly has it spots - no bluetooth A2DP; no copy, cut, paste; no MMS; limited mass email delete, Itunes sync only, etc. But!!! it also has a terrific GUI.

I am not asking for an Iphone GUI, but I would like to either have touch based machine or stylus based machine (with a stylus).

Sorry for the rant - but I've worked pretty hard at trying to like this machine complete with it's great battery life. But I fear the experience is slipping through my hands back to a Touch Pro or Iphone.
you know I can't realy argue with you over those issues, however I think I'm staying with it over the iPhone because its windows mobile, which means I can keep easily changing it (and with the quickmenu/manilla 2d setup im rather pleased). The touch pro has a lot over this phone in my opinion with the real keyboard and the stylus thats actually attatched, however that phone for me would be around 400 dollars, and this was only 200. this phone to me is easily worth the 200 while I find it hard to justify a keyboard and stylus being worth an extra 200 dollars.

something that has helped me with the keyboard is installing SPB Keyboard with the black 3 skin, its made texting easier with one hand and its full screen keyboard option makes landscape texting easier as well.

just some ideas.