Thread: which one?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:44 AM
weedahoe
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: which one?

I also have been wanting to upgrade from my 68 although nothing is wrong with it nd it works just fine. I was really wanting to get the TP but with a slower CPU than Sprints, less RAM than Sprints, no FM radio and no GPS plus $50 more than Sprints, I was turned off.

I have has my eye on the Omnia also. I dont like the stylus and placement of it. I dont care for the flush and flat screen because some ppl (not me) like to lay it down face-forward and thus will scratch it.

I went to the VZW store yesterday and played with 2 TPs. They seemed a good but slow so I reset both of them. There was no telling how many ppl had been in there playing with them and how many apps were open in the background. After fully booting up the first thing I did was open the KB and I SWEAR it took 2-5 secs for the screen to go from portrait to landscape. I tried this on both devices and several times and this is how it was. Needless to say I wasnt inpressed. I also tried to moved the menus a bit and they seemed to stagger and were choppy and not "flowing" well.

Even with the Omnia not betting rebooted it still seened to flow well with dragging the widgets across the screen. It did take some time for the FM tuner to load and I was disappointed to see you had to have the earphones plugged it for it to work. I might as well keep Resco radio and stream stations that way. I dont wanna have to keep up with headphones if I wanna listen to music.

But overall I am leaning towards the Omnia. I am interested in seeing a Kitchen for it and unlocked GPS. I think I read where the GPS has been unlocked for the TP but I know I read where VZW will be giving stand-alone GPS for the TP and Omnia in 09 so we will see.