View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 12:19 PM
neodorian
Halfway to VIP Status

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint getting HTC Rhodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortrim View Post
yeah true it would be perrty slick to see the touch hd with sprint would give them a serious all touch screen phone in there line up. But i am a lil doubtful that it will be coming, with the pending news of a updated G1 more than likely coming turn of the year.
Not to mention that these WM devices just don't always "do it" for the majority of users. Face it, the same way I don't know how to muck around in my car's engine, most people don't know how to flash ROMs, find and install cabs, or cook up something in the kitchen. Most people want the flashy and the pretty but they also want the easy. While these devices are great for us, they don't seem to sell enough to convince carriers to pick them up. Not to mention, the giant-screen-no-keyboard thing is totally consumer-oriented. People like that because it is attractive and good for watching movies or playing games. That form factor isn't always the best for business or power users. I couldn't imagine handing my mom a Touch HD but she would grasp an iPhone out of the box.

Love it or hate it, Apple has made their fortune by idiot-proofing and making things pretty. They have invented the personal tech version of the automatic transmission. How many people buy manual shift anymore now that they don't need to? I imagine it's about analogous to the percentage of us using WM devices

(and yes, I drive a stick too)
This post has been thanked 1 times.