Lurker
Threadstarter

gbynum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is a "complete" backup possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenFlo View Post
If the phone is needing several resets per day, you will want to load a new rom so "backing up" his setting (or programs) should not be necessary. If he has purchased software for the phone then he technically owns the right to use it, that's your call to make.
With SOME software for which I spend money, I have a non-transferable license; others, I can sell if I uninstall it from my system. He tells me "Note: All that cool stuff I loaded on the phone will not work on my new Blackberry Storm. What a drag for me, but you might like all the flipping/ spinning/ backup all programs. If not you can always remove them. But you don't want to buy all that as it would cost you a few hundred.". From this, I gather that I will not be getting legal for me to use programs, and if I wish to be legal (I am not a jerk, but do believe in paying for what I use; I have tried pirated stuff, I admit), they should be removed or purchased BY ME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenFlo View Post
You will want to backup your own stuff when you get your personal things on it. Contacts, messages, call logs, files, etc.

This can all be done using a program like PIM backup and stored on the SD card, on your PC, online or all of the above.
I don't think I need to read between the lines to draw the conclusion that I should wipe it by installing the October HTC release ... for many reasons. I ARSE_U_ME that WM6.1 has some equivalent of "add-remove" programs or Start|Programs so I can at least see what he has put in. Is that true?

Thanks!