View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Mylt1
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

well i have to say, HTC's tech support is quick to respond.

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry about LINUX and the 6800.

I understand how important it is to know how to get even more usage out of your PPC 6800. There are no plans to make a LINUX ROM for the PPC 6800, as the phone was made specifically to operate using Windows Mobile software. The only way that HTC would make this available is if it was demanded by the carriers that sell the 6800.

HTC may make more phones in the future that operate using the LINUX based Android operating system, but the phones would be made specifically to operate with that OS. Thank you for your interest
looks like unless vzn, sprint, or at&t request the 6800 with linux/android we are on our own. wish i had a programming background. i have nothing but time at work and this could be something i could work on all day long most days. well, it was worth a shot.