View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 12:43 AM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
I don't think they followed my measurements. I think they just used the GSM Touch Pro's measurements, which is slightly smaller than the CDMA Sprint one. Because mine has the lower left side, I don't have problems with the power button being depressed because it's exposed, and it's a little easier to remove since there is less squeezing.

I've been stretching mine out with putting in larger stuff in it, and it fits like a glove now. I'll keep stretching it. Fortunately, leather does break in, so keep stretching, it should get better. Leather will stetch and stay that way. But it does take some time. It will make a for a perfect fit and the phone won't fall out on it's own.

Here's pics of mine. BTW, I'm the one that Photoshopped the Easecase pics as instructions for it's construction.

I normally have my Touch Pro in there face down (towards belt clip side) with the power button showing, I have it flipped the other way to show how I leave it in there when tethering, showing the EXT USB port exposed enough to be able to have something plugged in while in the case.

In short, this Easecase is simply THE best leather pda phone case I've ever owned. Only one that comes close are Vaja cases which come in at 3-5 times the price, and are not even close to being as custom fitted as thing one.

As Much as I'd like a little bit looser fit, I prefer a slightly tighter fit over one that is so loose, the the phone will just fall out if you tip it over. In hindsight, I'd give them a measurement of maybe a half a cm or up to a cm larger in every dimension.

Perhaps there could be a separate Leather Fetish Thread instead of posts of fine leather cases getting lost in this overly general accessories thread.

-Ed
I'm going to be ordering my EaseCase soon. Same setup as you except with red stitching and red suede interior.

I think I might leave the leather though, because i don't use the USB cable while my phone is charging. Also, what is with the hole on the bottom?

Thanks for the pictures