PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nyclio is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FINALLY fixed my picturemail - HOW TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Yeah the OP shouldn't be telling people to fix/change their primary HA when they have no idea what they are talking about.

First of all, I didn't tell everyone that this is guaranteed to fix their picturemail. I simply said what worked for me, and it is a try at your own risk method. Also, if it doesn't work for everyone, it is not something that is irreversible.

But, I will say how I came upon what I did. It is not something I pulled out of thin air.

I wanted to see if the picturemail problem was something with Sprint, or if it was something with my actual phone. So I took my old phone that I originally upgraded to the HTC Touch Pro from, and went to sprint.com, logged into my account, and did upgrade/add phone over there.

The reason I used this method is because when you get manual programming instructions from their website, you automatically get the phone MSL.

So I changed my phone and sent myself another picturemail (on the old phone). To my surprise, it popped up almost immediately in my old phone. This is when I went through a line by line comparison of the data in the PST screen to see where the difference lay. Not all field names were identical, but it was not too hard to see what corresponded to what. The reason I was checking the PST as opposed to anything else is because my HTC already had an unmodified stock ROM on it; also I had fooled around in the PST before and may have inadvertently changed settings.

Anyway, Primamry HA Address was the ONLY thing that was different. After I made the change, again I went to sprint.com where I put the HTC back on my account. I then tested my picturemail, and it worked.

Maybe it was the act of removing/replacing/re-adding the phone to my account that actually did it, but in any case, it is now working.

Last edited by nyclio; 11-27-2008 at 07:42 PM.