View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Ylian
Lurker

Ylian is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Fixed!) EVDO fails auth, 1X ok. Need PPP help/debugger

I used to have 1X & EV working just fine on Cricket in Portland, Oregon. I had to use QPST to clear AGPS settings and since then, EV fails to connect all the time with "Invalid username / password" error after dialing #777. Forcing the phone to 1X solves the problem.

Restoring previous QPST settings have no effect, and it's possible QPST is not the problem at all. I have been trying lots of settings without success, in all cases, #777 will always fail with invalid username/password. I use USER: 503xxxxxxx@mycricket.com PASS: cricket.

I also use radio 3.42.02, I tried a few ROM's DCD, nueROM no difference. EPST settings all look ok. I called Cricket support and they "Reset my internet connection", but nothing. *228 works, but had no effect.

FeildTrial, HDR tab shows "Data Session State: 0 = null", "HDR Session State: 4 = open State", "AN/AAA Authentication: 1 = Authenticated"

UPDATE:
- This problem was fixed. I cleared, rebooted and re-entered all 4 fields in the security tab of ESPT. EVDO is back up and working great.

Thanks,
Ylian

Last edited by Ylian; 11-29-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Found a fix.