View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:38 AM
CozBoogie
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
I believe the data folder you're talking about contains your radar images, forecase data, and hourly info. Deleting this data will really do nothing as it will appear as soon as WP updates.

Here are a couple things you can do that may decrease memory usage.

1. decrease the overall number of radar "grabs" that you're doing. If you have 4 cities in WP and you're grabbing 2 radar images for each you may want to knock that down to 1 image per city.

2. decrease the frequency of updates for WP in general. I have mine set to update every 2 hours.

3. change the radar image "purge after" time to something less than 12 hours. You can get to this setting by going to Weather Images and selecting edit for your radar images.

I'm not a WP guru but these may help.

Additionally, unless you're downloading a bunch of info for WP I would be really surprised if it's dropping your main memory by 2.5 MB...that seems excessive. I can see it going down maybe 0.20 MB. Perhaps there is something else going on.

late,
Coz