View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Mr. X
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
The slot cycle index for Sprint Diamond is 2, so was the Touch I had. The forumla for calculating paging channel time is 2^N x 1.28 (where "N" is the slot cycle index). This puts the time at 5.12 seconds (or 5120ms).

I was curious about where he got the 100ms value. I certainly was not able to find this value in EPST or registry. I latched on to that particular post because, indeed, the Sprint Diamond does terribly in bad coverage areas. Extra polling can potentially explain this.

I didn't buy the heat shield claim because 1) he indicated it was to be installed _behind_ the keyboard, which would do nothing to keep heat from radiating toward the back of the phone, where it gets hot, and 2) I wouldn't think there be enough room anyhow. It is possible that he is telling the truth as he knows it/as he was told.

Are you indicating that, since flashing to Sprint radio, your phone gets measurably WORSE battery life AND more hot when compared to Telus? If so, there is hope for a ROM update. Have you flashed back to Telus to see if the battery lasts longer and phone runs cooler? If so, by how much?
Im praying there is a radio update as i want to ditch this Sprint radio asap. and i agree the back of the device starts to melt down. i didnt notice untill i started using evdo in poor coverage its just obnoxiously bad. i cant get a hold of a telus rom to flash back to or id be on it like flies on $hit.

i did jump the gun on some of his claims they are legit. im still scheptical about the missing heat sheild. as he says the pic i show is not the radio. which is true. that dont matter the heat sheild is there on the side that gets hot as hell. but if the devices start failing HTC is going to have a *** load of devices to recall.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!