Old 10-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Jordan88
PPCGeeks Regular

Jordan88 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing and Installing ROM

Hello,

I have never owned a smartphone before, and will be buying the HTC (cdma version) Diamond from telus. I already hate how restricted telus makes the phone, so i am planning on flashing the rom and using in its place Juicy Rom v. 4.2.1. From everything i have looked it this does exactly what i am looking for. If need be i can make personal tweaks using some of the other .CAD programs that have good ratings.

Unfortunately, despite being fairly computer savvy, i am completely new to phone modding. I have been on these forums as well as XDA, and have had a hard time finding a guide to flashing / unlocking the Diamond. This here is the only guide that i have found:

http://lievenvw.wordpress.com/2008/0...-a-custom-rom/

I have several questions, the first is, is this a good and safe guide to follow? Also, he notes that whichever cooked ROM you use usually has a preferred hardSPL, but i have been unable to find any info on this for the Juicy ROM. And finally, is there a recommended Radio ROM? This is one thing that i am very unsure of because i don't know exactly what the radio rom will change, and if it will affect my service from telus.

If anyone has any info or knowledge that would be able to help me out here i would very much appreciate it. I am buying the phone sometime this week, and i just don't want to permanently brick my phone by doing this the wrong way. Ok, one final question, just in case things go awry, will hard resetting remove any flashing and installing done?