View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 05:35 PM
marcjen
Regular 'Geeker

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
I have been monitoring discharge with the Data Connection on for a couple of days (Settings, Communications, Data Connection=On). No program (Weather, email, etc.) is set to automatically connect, though. On my device, there is no effect on discharge, if the Data Connection is not transmitting and receiving. Check the white arrows at the top. As long as they are greyed, it should not effect battery. That email check that you are running may leave the connection in a state that continues to transmit. Arrows stay white. That will drain your battery like mad.

Using either Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak (I don't remember which has the option), you can set the Data Connection to disconnect after a period of inactivity. My device is set to disconnect after one minute. With the same settings as you, I have from 85% to 90% battery remaining after 10 hours. May be worth a try.
I had a busy day today. Decent amount of phone calls, probably no more than 1 hour total talk time. Few emails and quite a few texts. Some Google Maps use as well.

7am I unplugged my phone, down to 20% at 2pm.

Sigh.

So annoying. And Sprint doesn't have any batteries available and they said I can return the phone. She did mention that they were aware of the battery issues and Sprint was working on them. Not that I'd expect anything before the end of 2008, but at least they are hearing it about the battery issue.

I don't even use BT or Wifi, even though I bought a Jawbone 2 for my 6700 about a month ago and loved it, looking forward to being all decked out in my JB and Diamond. Well, since the battery sucks, I can't even use BT.

So frustrating.

Tomorrow I'm gonna go back to manual ActiveSync and I'll try that data disconnect option.

Cappy, can we just trade phones? Wouldn't that be a good indicator of whether it's a phone hardware difference or signal problem? We could really figure out a lot of stuff.