View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
cappy
PPCGeeks Regular

cappy is keeping up the good workcappy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
I just ran my phone idle for 7 1/2 hours. Just the phone and data connection on (BT and WiFi off). My battery went from 100% to 34%, doing nothing! No phone calls etc. I do have email set to check every 2 hours.

Pretty sad.
I have been monitoring discharge with the Data Connection on for a couple of days (Settings, Communications, Data Connection=On). No program (Weather, email, etc.) is set to automatically connect, though. On my device, there is no effect on discharge, if the Data Connection is not transmitting and receiving. Check the white arrows at the top. As long as they are greyed, it should not effect battery. That email check that you are running may leave the connection in a state that continues to transmit. Arrows stay white. That will drain your battery like mad.

Using either Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak (I don't remember which has the option), you can set the Data Connection to disconnect after a period of inactivity. My device is set to disconnect after one minute. With the same settings as you, I have from 85% to 90% battery remaining after 10 hours. May be worth a try.

Last edited by cappy; 10-07-2008 at 04:15 PM.