View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 11:24 PM
up2no6ood
PPCGeeks Regular

up2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch screen dark area?

Yes it is due to pressure. But it is not caused by applying extreme pressure to the outside of the screen. I have had 3 phones all in a row have this problem. 2 of them came new right out of the box this way. These spots are caused by uneven pressure against the bottom side of the lcd or between the digitizer and the lcd. To prove this take 2 fingers and apply slight pressure to the screen on both sides of the dark spot. Now variate the pressure on those two fingers. Do you see the spot look like its moving, getting lighter, or even disappearing? By doing this you are evening out the pressure on the lcd wich in turn effects the dark spot. I haven't had the guts to take my phone apart but I could almost guarantee if you took the phone apart and re assembled it by hand very carefully, the spot would go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic1 View Post
the problem with the screen is pressure on it like if it was in its case and you leaned against it or had it on your hip with your seat belt on.....the screens are very sensitive to pressure you would be amazed how quickly it can happen less then 20 second localized pressure can overheat the crystals... cool part is you can get a new phone if you complain right... if its in your pocket take it out and put it in the case that came with it...when you get in your car take it out of the case and get a holder for it like the scosche grip it i got mine from walmart for 20 bux or something...hope this helps

l8r....sub