Thread: GPS Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 11:17 AM
playdeep
PPCGeeks Regular

playdeep is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to playdeep Send a message via MSN to playdeep Send a message via Yahoo to playdeep
i am a ppc user with a xv6700 from verizon and i too could never get my 3.0 to see my globalsat 359 even though it was working perfectly with msn livesearch. i have heard that wm5 doesnt work with autodetect and that iguidance needs to be paired with the gps each time on startup....so if autodetect doesnt work on this then how is pairing accomplished if the baud and com ports are already set when the app is turned on? i dont know bc i have never gotten the gps/sat page to show me green satelites for more than 3 seconds. the software has yet to work long enough for me to try having it guide me. I have a 2000 mile trip across the country i am about to make and desperately need to get this working.

Since i couldnt make 3.0 work (which i am sure it has something to do with my phone or something since it is working for everyone else....running colonels 3.3 custom), i uninstalled on both the ppc and pc (per the instructions mentioned in this thread. when i went to install 3.1 it didnt install to my phone so i was left with 3.1 but not on my phone. i uninstalled and now every time i try to install 3.1 or 3.0 i see the modify/repair/unistall screen as if the software installer sees the previous installation. I have checked the programs folder and the application data folders and all signs of the software are gone...but still add/remove says that iguidance is still there...at least .95mb. i cant find it anywhere on my system. assuming i can get this fixed i can reinstall but then i need ot figure how why my gps is not being seen by iguidance. any thoughts? would be VERY VERY appreciated.