View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 11:57 PM
puff
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, and Kitchens

Quote:
Originally Posted by costak View Post
is there a way to change the 'TELUS' string from the top right of the home screen to something else?
How to answer this question. How about Yes and No

Now for the long answer, reasoning, and theory behind it. I personally dont own the diamond yet, but every other WinMo device I have owned I have been able to change that banner (sometimes called the operator name or something like that) using a program called Personalizer - then i found a post in this thread here and changed it permanently thru QPST. Now here's the kicker, since I dont personally own the diamond, I dont know for sure if the Personalizer program will work on the device, and of course have never got the chance to plan with the device in QPST. I know Juggalo_X did some playing in QPST, and here is the thread about that, but that's another topic and may not even be needed to access service programming... So while i'm sure it's possible to accomplish this task, i dont know the level of difficulty that will be involved offhand...