View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 02:28 PM
bruceo
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Pocket Outlook question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Not sure I completely understand. Are you using a program that actually syncs directly with your outlook account on your pc. If so, what program are you using.

If you are wanting to stay synced with your pc, I would suggest something with imap support.
Yeah... Activesync and outlook 2007.... I wonder what the optimal way to manage mail is that everyone that uses when using outlook. I have my pop & Imap accounts all into my desktop outlook and separate in pocket outlook. When I am away from the office i make sure outlook desktop is not running and I download all the new mail on the phone as I delete the mail that I don't want when Pocket outlook send/recieves it deletes them off the server. Then when i am back to the desktop outlook and send/recieve it downloads all of the emails I have read on the pocket outlook and then the next send recieve my pocket outlook does it does not see the emails in the account anymore so it deletes them from the particular email acoount inbox on the pocket outlook.

It all seems to work well but besides the non ability to send out emails from outlook inbox on the phone until resynching to the desktp, I also wish that sent and deleted mails would sync back to desktop outlook as it is now they basically are lost or have to stay on the phone, so that sort of breaks the ability to maintain a complete email record.

Is there a better way to manage multipe pop accounts between the winmo phone and outlook desktop?