View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 10:44 PM
puff
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Did that several times. Still locking up on splash. ERRRGGG!!!!

I'm wondering if it's a problem that I downgraded my phone (as per thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161), and then re-upgraded. All numbers are what they should be. Hmmm......

Gervy
If your radio and bootloader are compatible, then rebuild your rom in the kitchen...
only each time select fewer OEMs to include, or even better start w/ none selected and work backwards (selecting more and more each time) - if its' not booting up due to the size of the rom, then when you create a clean (no selection) ROM it will boot, and once you have selected too many items then it will not. While it may be time consuming, it will produce the answer you seek. that is, is this ROM too big? unless i misunderstood, in which case... disregard this