View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 PM
shaggylive
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch spontaneously resumes standby???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludester View Post
Did you guys try disabling replog (activesync) from starting up based on time (I beleive its in the scheduler or database section you gotta do it through SKTOOLS or the likings)

There is usually 3 replog listings, disable 2 and leave the one that is connected to the rs232 (i.e. when you plug the phone in) enabled. I have never once had my touch (vogue) wake up out of sleep mode unless I got a call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I assume you know of dotFred's task manager / reg edit. ok, well, look in some of the other tabs. I don't run my 6700 anymore or know what rom your running, but a good one that should work for you is this..
dotfred task manager,,
go to the "notifications tab"
look for replog.exe

I disable the one that say's something about time sync. (this is what keeps launching activestink for no reason...)

be careful, but have fun too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I thought you already knew about this, or I would have said something sooner...
since we lost a few thousand posts, I'll give a quick low down on it. I didn't figure it out, just read it somewhere, from someone...
replog.exe is activesync
there are 3 instances of this under the "notifications" tab of dotfred's task manager.
one of them is to "run after time change" (which happens with every new cell tower)
it can be disabled or deleted... should only be needed by ppl that change timezones alot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Use dotFred's task manager, and goto notifications... you'll find the replog.exe (x3)
the exact wording isnt "run after time change" but its something like that... that's one you can disable/delete
that will prevent activesync from starting everytime the device polls the tower for time sync
another thing you can do to prevent this is just disable time sync...
another way simpler (but less desirable) way to accomplish this is to simply turn off Time Synchronization totally in settings/personal/phone-services