robsnyder20
Lurker

robsnyder20 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Disable Data Connection #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseidman View Post
Thanks that did the trick for a very short time unil I soft reset. I'm back to where I was. In addition while program was installed impossible to use GPS
Alan
I also do not have data and am just using wifi only due to alltels expensive data plan plus have wifi at almost everywhere I go. After looking and looking for a tweak or hack, I figured it out myself on how to disable the automatic dialer.

The file is in the windows directory called connection.xml on the phones main storage. Modifying this below will make it disabled and will not automatically dial upon a soft reset.

I zipped the files below. **DO this at your own risk!** One is connection.xml and the other is connectionold.xml. As always, rename your old file before copying this file. I have an Alltel phone, and also have included my old connection file as well, but it will have to be renamed from connectionold.xml to connection.xml.

I used total commander to do the moving and renaming of the files.

Thanks for everyone's help and post who helped me in setting everything up on my phone and I am happy to pass along the tweak to others in this site.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Connection.zip (1.0 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!