View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 12:31 AM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New GPS Behavior with new Sprint ROM

A couple times I've noticed that when I start GPSGate for iGuidance a Data Connection is started. I kind of noticed it the other day but didn't think much of it. Well I had not used the GPS for a couple days and ran into traffic today. I fire up GPSGate and there starts a new Data connection. It had a GPS Lock as soon as iGudance started.

I've done nothing at all special. All stock. I don't prime, I didn't do anything in registry, I don't confugure that WM GPS thingy. I just use Google Maps with default settings, iGuidance with Default settings and GPS Gate mapped from "WM GPS" to "COM1 Full Nema" as I have done with all the ROMs. I was not running google maps in this case which always makes a data connection for maps.

It does not appear to do it every time. Sometimes I do have to wait for sats (like the old ROMs). But sometimes even on a dead cold start the assist does the right thing and you get instant lock. The old ROMs never did this for me.

By the way I did make the suggested registry change for tethering "Phone as modem" to "Sprint PCS". But when GPSGate triggers the GPS to make a data connection it says "Phone as modem".