View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 11:25 AM
MILH0U5E
Regular 'Geeker

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
I have just finished reading all 50 pages in this thread and I don't think I've ever seen so much gobbledygook in my life. Previous to this I had read all there was to read about the altel rom/radio, and decided that was way too complicated for me to take on. I figured I'd wait until an "official" release from sprint came along. Now this "leaked" ROM is here and it seems it's the closest thing to an official version as we're going to see any time soon so I thought I was going to take a try at it.
First, it seems to me that this should make the Altel modification obsolete for our sprint touchs and it should run without having to unlock/worry about sprint customizations (stock) etc. But HOLD on one sec here!!!!! Seems the leaked rom doesn't include all the dlls required to make the gps run correctly so we either have to put the dll in the windows folder, but not if we run the "kitchenized" version since that already has the dll installed. But does this version also include all the stock stuff from sprint??? I can't tell from what I've read. and if I want to cook my own rom from the kitchen I can do that if I use the unlocker???
Why can't y'all speak english to us and come up with a simple step by step to take my stock touch (running hhc customizer, weather panel, Phatfinger and touchpal resco explorer and backup and a 3 or 4 sided cube and make it all work?

I second that! I'm not a complete noob with downloading and installing stuff on my Touch, but this doesn't sound like it's a breeze to do. If it's still a bit risky (like the custom ROMS) then I will pass. But if the bright minds who created this want to share a step by step process, then that would be GREAT! I'd love to have the GPS and Rev A, but am terrified that I will miss something or not touch a button at the right time.

Thanks in Advance if someone posts a tutorial....