View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 08:37 AM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How come none of these roms come with Touchpal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.burninator View Post
I figured you chefs might like to know that TouchPal v3 just came out and now the free version uses the same installer as the pro version, plus it's ridiculously snazzy, which makes TouchPal v3 an ideal cooking ingredient...
V3 only has one version to download and you get a free trial of the Pro version for 15 days. Then it reverts back to the free version. Depending on his programming, the 15-day trial would start when the OEM was created. Like SPB products. So it wouldn't be any issue putting it in a rom, most users would only get the free version. But registered users can simply cut-n-paste their registration number and VOILA! It also looks like it doesn't create the dictionary's until it is started, so it should handle not having to write to a read-only file ok.

So my vote is YES!