View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 11:56 AM
jakdillard
The Trend Setter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Prefer User Customization or Tweaked ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Can you or would you mind elaborating on the issue that you reference in your last sentence?

I may be mistaken, but it appears to me that the issue may be related to taking a ROM (*.nbh) file, using it as a donor, decomposing it and using the components as foundation for other work.

If that is the issue, then how can or how are people supposed to reconcile this issue, with the fact that there is a sticky in the upgrades forum describing exactly how to do this very thing?

How to for Developing http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20550
First off the tutorial is to teach people how to port an os or sys folder to a rom ie taking a kaiser sys folder and porting it to a vogue oem rom not taking OMJ and removing pimbackup and whatever and building the same rom. For that tutorial I should have mentioned that you need stock roms but I did not think that anyone would be simple and use a well put together custom as a "foundation" for another custom ?