View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 06:17 PM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Any (concrete) way to backup threaded messages in wm6.1? (I've tried many tricks)

This is relevant for WM 6.1, using threaded messaging.

I've tried everything I've stumbled upon. I have used PPCPimBackup, and SMSImport.

I have tried using non-binary on PPCPimBackup (2.8,) and tried all the tricks I could find to restore the messages, but I haven't had any luck yet.

I have tried using SMSImport normally, and even tried various edits to the XML file it creates... no dice.

The common suggestion/solution is to put your registry in the old-style of SMS organization, then load the messages backup, then switch back to the threaded, and open text messages. SUPPOSEDLY, the OS will then separate the messages into threaded messages.

I have never seen this work, ever. I have a large file of over 3,000 messages. I would really like this to work. I have even tried making temporary backup files, with as little as 50 text messages, and it still won't thread them after a backup.

Does anyone have any tips for a guy at wit's-end? So far, my only silver lining seems to be dashwire... Since I can see all my messages on my PC, but it brings it's own drawbacks as well...

Thanks in advance! I won't have much hair left if I don't figure this out soon!

note: When I look at the (SMSImport) XML file, the entries created by wm6.0 and 6.1, and even all the different custom ROMs, are identical. There are no formatting differences from one OS to another...