View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 12:37 PM
bedoig
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PdaNet usb FAST vs bluetooth SLOW

In my experience with BT2.0, the connection seems to top out at about 1100 kbps. Not always enough to keep up with Rev A speeds, but usually adequate. I can't say why you're getting low speeds over BT. You're sure that your computer has bluetooth 2.0? Those speeds were about what I'd get on BT1.X with my old Apache. Maybe PDANet places some weird artificial limit on the BT connection. I always use the built in Internet Sharing for bluetooth tethering. Have you tried that? One other possibility is that you just lost some bandwidth through the cellular connection. Wireless data speeds can vary a lot (even in the same location) as demand on the towers changes, signal strength changes, etc.