Old 03-20-2008, 12:45 AM
laser92awd
Lurker

laser92awd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question PdaNet usb FAST vs bluetooth SLOW

Hello,

I have a Mogul with the Rev A rom and PdaNet v1.80 (also tried 1.81beta).

With PdaNet tethered to my laptop via USB cable, my connection is solid (it stays connected) and speedtest results gave me 1250mbps dl / 200mbps ul which I am totally satisifed with.

But my laptop has a BT 2.0 receiver and although it will connect right up via Activesync and PdaNet (using BT port COM5), my best speedtest is 335mbps dl / 202mbps ul. The dl speed is only about a quarter of the USB method while the ul is about the same. It's like I'm capped on the dl speed somehow.

Also, after just a few minutes I loose my activesync connection when on BT even if the phone and laptop are right next to each other which kills my connection. <-this is obviously a dealbreaker regardless of speed

If anybody knows anything I can try, I'd sure love to get the BT method working. My BT range is awesome, I can easily walk to the other end of the house from the phone and still get internet. I'd love to take advantage of that and have a truly wireless system, but 335mbps and dropped connections are not going to cut it.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Jonathan