Old 12-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Fuzzilla
Lurker

Fuzzilla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: odd weather tab problem

Hope I'm not dredging.

To set up weather on my Sprint TP2 I first go to Quick GPS in the Start menu and update it. Give it a minute after it says it's done before exiting, the slower CPU takes time to write the changes.
Set the Settings\ Home Tab Wallpaper to weather. Set the Home Screen Tabs to the default positions.
In Phone\Settings\CDMA Services\Location setting, make sure it is enabled.
Roaming is set to Automatic, Data Roam is Never Ask & Allow Roaming, Call Guard is Off.
In Settings\Data Services I do not yet set weather, I do disable Internet Time Sync.
In Settings\Location Location Service Settings and HTC Location Service are enabled, auto decline is left unchecked.
In Settings\Other update your Profile, PRL, & Firmware. Be very patient waiting until phone activity stops before moving from one to the other.
Finally, go to the weather app and enable auto update including while roaming.
Let the phone rest a minute and do an off\on power cycle. It could take a day or two for your phone ti relist your correct city. If there is no joy enter the Registry and navigate to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila and find the key "Weather.EnableCurrentLocation"(no quotes). Set the decimal Value Data from "0" to "1"(no quotes).
Exit the Registry app correctly, wait a minute. Try updating the weather. No love, try a reboot.

HTH it is the best I can do.
Fuzzilla