View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:24 AM
lnando84
I BLEED GREEN!!

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: How can I update if I'm using Synergy's Infected ROM, Edvo RLS-1??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche' View Post
Hmmm... Cool. When I hold down the power button, I have the option to boot into bootloader. I could def use some help finding a ROM that will work well. I shouldn't have ever used a custom ROM in the first place. I just don't know enough about this stuff. When I was talking about upgrading, i meant more along the lines of a legit, Sprint update that would give me the newest Sprint stock ROM. All I want now is smart glass, and a few other apps that won't work on this phone now.
Na man, there's not to much that goes into flashing a rom..it's really easy!! You already did the hardest part in rooting/achieving s-off the phone so flashing roms is as simple as pie!! The reason smartglass doesn't work on your device at the moment is because it requires ice cream sandwich(android 4.0+) and if your running synergy means your still using honeycomb. I personally used synergy for over a year then switched over to viper's roms and have been really impressed. Maybe you'd like to give it a shot.

Here's a link to info on the rom.. [[ROM][Sense 4.1] Team Venom presents: Viper3D 1.0.0 Nightly welcome to the future

And here's link to download(choose the newest..Viper3D_1.0.0_R310.zip & fixed_r312_update.zip)

Here's how to install the lastest version of twrp(recovery)..
-From the play store download and install an app called Goomanager.
-Once installed and on apps default page, click the menu button then select OpenRecoveryScript.
-Select yes to confirm and let it do its thing.

Here's where you want to run a backup of apps/data and phone info(sms/call history/etc..) I use an app called My Backup by Rerware, LLC. Another great backup app is titanium backup. (make sure you save to sd)

Now to flash the rom..
-Place the zips on root of your sd card.
-Boot into bootloader(Power down the device, then hold volume down and power buttons).
-On bootloader page choose recovery option.
-If you'd like to backup the device as is(as a precautionary measure just in case) run a nandroid backup. Follow the onscreen directions.
-This is where the actual flashing takes place. Usually here is where you'd wipe the device to prepare for flash but this zip has that option built in(aroma installer).
-From the recovery(default) page, click on the install button then navigate to the Viper3D_1.0.0_R310.zip(or whichever rom zip).
-Click on it to let it start, then go through its options pages selecting whichever options you'd like.
-When your finished and it flashes the rom with those options, reboot the device.
-Enjoy the new rom!!! If you chose the rom I provided links to, after it's loaded up and running, you'll want to reboot the device back into recovery and install/flash the second (fixed_r312_update.zip) file.
-Install the same backup app(my backup or titanium) and restore your previously saved app/phone data.
-Reboot and your all set!! Have fun!!!!

Hope this helps make it a bit easier for ya!!

Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.