View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:38 AM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2 Days are Over

Well, just an update to the Saga....

I got a call from "Dwayne" an "executive assistant to Sprint CEO, Mr. Dan Hesse" and he told me that he had contacted the manager of the store that declined to replace my phone and the manager agreed to replace the TP2 with yet another TP2 refurb. So, I have an appointment today to pick up my 5th TP2 in less than 1 month.

So far, the blue spot on the screen - which I have since found other posts about on PPCgeeks - has gotten a bit worse and is much more noticible, whic his what I was aftraid of and why I didn't want this phone. The funny thing is that the oil slick/rainbow blotch seems to come and go. If the phone is cool, it is very obvious but if it warms up like on a call or sits in my pocket, the blotch seems to go away.
However, I have noticed some problems with the sensitivity on the digitizer. I've calibrated it a few times and that does not seem to help.
For example, when I am on the sense main screen and I tap the sun for the weather, it opens up the alarm clock or when I'm scrolling through the emails or texts, it opens them instead of allowing me to scroll. Never had that problem before with my original TP2. Yeah, I've got Hobbit thumbs but this is the first time its been a problem with the TP2.
When I talked to the guy last night I made it clear that I wasn;t trying to scam them into another phone or get a discounted plan, I just wanted a phone that works and is up to my standards. He was very apologetic and said he would do his best to help.

So, lets see what happens next...

David