View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 AM
elesbb
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TEP in store replacement question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
I'm on the $40 Sero Plus, but had the $30 plan when I had my TP2. When I learned I would be getting an arrive, I called up the SERO CS and asked to be upgraded; went without a hitch

Well, to begin with, I wasnt attempting to pull anything. I had been having quite a few recurring issues with my TP2. the biggest offender was that my volume and mic would go out without notice (stock ROM btw) I have explained to them that I really need this phone to work as I rely on it as a alarm; not to mention, I look incredibly foolish when I pick up a call and my mic is not functioning. After about 2 replacements at the same store, they called me up and gave me my options(hero, bb curve, and some other crappy options). I had told them I was only interested in the TP2 because I didnt want to deal with any exchange issues and that I liked the keyboard on the TP2 to begin with. After that, the store rep offered me the arrive since they didnt have any new TP2's available. This did not impact my upgrade eligibility whatsoever.

Keep in mind, this happened somewhere between jun/july, and that they may have since decided to stop offering the arrive as a replacement phone.
which is dumb , im on my third replacement , now this is through asurion . which i hate btw . anyhow , my first one i threw on accident causing the screen to break , so i ordered a new one via TEP after paying the 100 dollars they send me a POS one that wouldnt even charge , as you said i also use my TP2 as my alarm , well when it doesnt charge over night you wake up to a dead phone . so yeah called them got another , this too had USB mini port issues , it charged , well at least better then the first , but it wouldnt connect via activesync or Bootloader for shit and the start menu key was goofy , didnt really "click" . so i called again demanding i get a NIB , well i got my third TP2 in a matter of one month , this has a working USB FINALLY . well i go through the entire phone (hardware wise) and found the the end key doesnt work at all . gotta mash the button in . so yeah . i hate you for getting so lucky . i dont mind a refurb , but god people at least go over the phone before you send it to a customer .