Old 07-02-2011, 02:38 PM
MWTech48
Lurker

MWTech48 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MWTech48
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

These are the two most recent ones I found if these are the edits you're talking about

Post 3411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Also,

In regards to Opera memory saving measures, besides the other reg edit I mentioned, you can also change:

HKLM\Software\Opera\Info: "MemoryThresholdWanted" to "0". I believe this tells it that you don't want a Memory Threshold. I believe just this one regedit is enough to get rid of the memory error.

Aside from that you can also add this line to HKLM\Software\Opera\Prefs\User Prefs:

"Cache Directory4"=\Storage Card\Opera Cache

You can name your new Opera Cache folder whatever you want, that's just what I chose. Point being that it saves the cache to storage card rather than on the device in the normal "\Windows\Opera9\profile\cache" spot.

On that note, you can also use cleartemp and direct the custom folders to the opera cache spots on the phone and on your storage card.

Edit: I forgot to remind you that you will need to create the folder (Opera cache, or whatever you want to call it) on your storage card in order for the:

"Cache Directory4=\Storage Card\Opera Cache" registry edit to work.

I tried to adjust my Opera cab to this new registry setting and to create the folder on the storage card, but the cab won't install if there is no storage card inserted in the phone and so the phone never fully boots. While I always have my storage card inserted when I flash, I know that a lot of people don't. So including this regedit before hand in the ROM just won't work.

I did, however include the Memory threshold wanted = 0 in my Opera cab, and I've upped the no. of availabe tabs to 9 and the no. of avail history pages to 30.
Post 3407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I found this post in the Opera thread over at XDA:

xda-developers - View Single Post - All Opera Mobile/Mini versions: Official thread

I tried what he suggests and then opened up and played around in PPCGeeks, opened up tab #2 to XDA and played around there, then opened up another tab and went to the Sprint site and messed around there, all with no out of memory errors. It seems like deleting that registry entry works.

I do not believe the ROM has a memory issue, more just Opera being stupid. I've never really paid much attention to tweaking Opera, cuz I rarely use it. If you guys know of more tweaks and such that you think I should set as it's default, please share.

In any event, thanks for bringing that to my attention KJ, try that fix and let me know if you get any more errors.

Here's that .png too. It's a small one cuz I assume you need it a small size, let me know if you need a bigger one.

MWTech48 - XDA and PPC Geeks :: Badger48 - TeamUSCC
This post has been thanked 2 times.