View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
slthomas00
PPCGeeks Regular

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post

@ Anyone,

I was thinking about what Straitup has said about his bad experience with v5.0. I also remember that he has mentioned my ROMs ability to remain stable despite getting tons and tons of texts and such that he gets, as one of the reasons that he liked it...

I normally only sync the past 3 days emails to my phone when I set up my email account. Today I set it up to receive email from the past 60 days. It came up to a little over 1100 emails. The phone became generally slower and slightly buggy at times more so than I can ever remember on any ROM I've ever made. I've also never had so many emails before. I searched around and read about storing attachements on the sd card, which is all fine and good, but that's not what I'm talking about. Aside from that, the only things I kept seeing were that you just simply shouldn't keep that much email on your phone.

My question is, is this normal? To you guys that regularly use other ROMs, do they significantly slow down with around 1100 emails? Anyone keep that many emails on their phone? Is the only solution really that these phones just simply cannot handle it and it's best just to not keep so many?
I have both my work (Exchange) and personal (Gmail) coming to my device. I keep both at 3 days so I average about 200 emails/day - roughly 600 emails on my device at any one time. I have several hundred contacts and several hundred meetings on the device as well. Yes - device gets sluggish - this is the main reason I remove CHT which helps quite a bit.

@straightup - I removed uTask. It seemed to make my text messaging and email client act strangely (e.g. I would close an email message and the whole client would dissappear). Maybe it is a uTask configuration tweak - not sure. Maybe that would help you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.