View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Flash_C4
N00b

Flash_C4 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Official Sprint ROM 3.35.651.2? Not according to the tech at the local repair center

Today at lunch myself and two other co-workers decided that we were going to stop by the repair depot so they could check out our batteries because after 6 months we are experiencing very short battery life. My boss didn't get his phone checked because they insisted on hard resetting it just to put the battery on the conditioner and he has software installed that has data we haven't sync'd with our inventory database yet. I installed the new ROM this morning and my other co worker was still several rev's behind. When we stopped back after lunch the sales guy went back to get our phones and the first thing he said to me was, "We couldn't test your phone because you have a bootleg ROM installed. It's something by Telenav or something" At this point I must have forgotten to count to 10 before I opened my mouth because it went downhill from there. I tried to explain to him about the new release but he refused to believe me because of what his "tech" had told him. He handed me the phone with their paper that said, "Battery p*****. Cannot service phone w/bootleg ROM." The store manager was walking by and stopped for a moment and said, "Actually that ROM was officially released and it isn't bootleg." At this point this should have been over but when the sales guy went back to talk to the tech he then decided to come out and tell me it wasn't real and it was a bootleg. I then had a few words with him and he then returned to the back of the store. All was well UNTIL he decided to come back out and say, "Ok if that's real then show me where you downloaded it because I don't believe you." OH SNAP! At this point everyone in the store was watching what was going on and I bet people walking by outside probably heard me tell him and the manager about their horrible customer support and support on their phones and I did it all without any colorful language! I know my battery isn't right but they insist it's fine so I am now going to have to revert to contacting a CSR in order to get any service. So if you want to have some fun just stop by your local Sprint repair depot to have your phone looked at and see what kind of response you get. On the way back to work it was bugging me because the tech looked familiar and then I think I figured it out. He used to work at a Radio Shack next door to a computer store I frequent and if it's the same guy he was also pretty clueless when he worked there also. So far other than the hassle from the Sprint tech I've had good luck with the new ROM.