View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 10:31 PM
InsomniacJedi
PPCGeeks Regular

InsomniacJedi is keeping up the good workInsomniacJedi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Arrive headphone volume problem confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
I had previously complained about the volume using the Arrive headphones to watch a movie and figured it was just a poor audio rip of the movie. Honestly, I could barely hear the dialog and only if I rammed the earpieces into my ear to keep background noise at my gym out! Even then, it was just a whisper, although without the headphones, in my office, the dialog was completely audible.

Well I tried watching the exact same movie file with my Epic and I could clearly hear the dialog. Seems I received an Arrive with a defective headphone jack?

Did anyone else have this problem with their Arrive headphones and the low volume? I have seen posts on Microsoft's help site about podcasts being near inaudible.
First off, just because you seem to have this problem does not mean it is a "confirmed" issue for everyone. Just wanna throw that out there.

Second, does this problem only happen with that movie? For instance, does your music sound fine? How about youtube videos?

Third, I've had no problems with the headphones on my Arrive. I take it to the gym and they work just fine for tuning out the background noise.

Fourth, that's quatro in Spanish.

Fifth, you have been beating the whole "OMG TEH EPICZ IS SO MUCH BETTTTTER" lately, so I do kind of take your post with a grain of salt.

Sixth, I'd say it could be a codec issue, especially considering what everyone else has said.
This post has been thanked 3 times.