View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 03:04 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering Problem - UNABLE to SYNC to PC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylaff View Post
SYNC-electomy definition = (unable to sync TP2 to Windows 7 PC after spending 3 days f#@&ing around with it, ready to go postal, losing massive amounts of hair, need help)

Okay, guys, I was still unable to "connect" to my PC, so no sync. This all started when I tried to install PocketQuicken for PPC and neither my TP2 or my PC reacted well, so I unloaded it, but was left with Sync Problems...

I tethered the cdma TP2 (seems to be working fine now with the latest Energy.RHODCDMA.29017.Sense2.5.Mar.30.7z) to an identical Toshiba Laptop to mine (a friend and I bought them together on clearance from BB) and it worked flawlessly:
  • Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) appeared...
  • PC prompted me that the phone was tethered
  • asked if I wanted to set up WMDC to sync with the device.
So, now I know it's a problem with my PC, so I...
  • Removed my device settings from WMDC on my laptop
  • Uninstalled the WMDC software from Control Panel
  • Tethered my TP2 to MY laptop===>>
RESULTS:
Nothing! I hear the tone like I'm connecting a USB device, but no green screen of WMDC or any prompts to connect specific devices, set profiles, activesync--zip.

Can anyone please help me resolve this?

It's obviously something on my PC as the troubleshoot worked great with the exact same laptop PC, owned by my friend...
TIA
Try this:

Delete the partnership in WDMC on your computer.

On your phone, click on start > settings > connections > "USB to PC" and uncheck both "Enable faster data synchronization" and "ask me first about usb connection...".

See if that helps.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.