View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 10:18 AM
stroths
VIP & Master of my Domain

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Threaded SMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbunnie View Post
So I have been using this since I got my Mogul this summer, and every once in a while it does act funny. Like when I receive a text, 4 times now it has started to vibrate but has not stopped. A soft reset was the only way I found to stop it. Problem is after the last time this happened, I haven't been able to open the SMS app anymore. Any ideas? Thanks.
Sounds like something is corrupted. Best bet is to restore a backup if you use SPB or Sprite. Otherwise, you may have to go with a hard reset.

If you go with a hard reset and plan on reinstalling, make sure you have the latest version. I would suggest the version that Cody has put together which uses files from a WM6 Treo 750 and it designed to work best with newer devices like the Mogul. I can't give you a link to it, but I would suggest you look over at the Mogul subforum at wmexperts.com

Before installing, delete ALL text messages from the standard text messaging app (inbox, sent, draft, etc). Then install the version I mentioned above and reboot.

That's the best advice I can give you to keep it running correctly.