View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 12:52 PM
natemcnutty
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander View Post
Hi there,

I've just built success and got ruu_signed.NBH & modules-2.6.27.46-01254-g2a78bb6.tar.gz files.

Since new NAND version came and put everything inside device memory (only use sdcard for update) I want to known how to update zImage & modules.
Is there any guide to made androidupdate.tgz?
Can I use 'recovery' to update that file?

I was made a androidupdate.tgz by tar-zipped a directory with:
Code:
data
`-- modules
    |-- bcm4329.ko
    |-- cfg80211.ko
    |-- ip_queue.ko
    |-- iptable_filter.ko
then put it into /sdcard/andboot/androidupdate.tgz, update RHOIMG.NBH, reboot, stuck at boot. Error message: "not found rootfs" and fork a sh shell.

--
Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen
You have the right idea with the modules. All modules just go in a tgz with the structure /data/modules inside it. All you really need to do is grab the correct initrd.gz from here: bootenv in Tinboot for linux-msm - Gitorious and put it in your /tinboot-linux-msm/kernel directory with the zImage.

Again, I apologize for the delay on updating the first post. I'm heading out to the zoo with the wife, but we'll be back in a couple of hours and I'll get it updated then. She has a baby shower after we get back, so that should give me plenty of time