View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 PM
puff601
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 26| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
I finally got around to flashing Jan.26 on a few TP2s, though the changelog was pretty minor. So far no glaring problems far with the ROM itself.

The only major thing that has been annoying me to NO END, is the fact I am now forced to use CHT 2.0.0.0 if I want to stay on the newer NRGZ ROMs without having to use Titanium + my own install of CHT185.

There are two issues that have been causing me grief since the 2.0.0.0 final came out. Both of which are documented often in their threads (and Yes, I have posted in those threads about this too)...

1. CHTEditor command line importing is busted for certain types of settings. eg, if your page layout <> 3, that never gets set. This pretty screws those of us that live off of XDA_UC (and S4X) to automate as much as possible.

2. CHT quicklinks randomly changing and/or disappearing. Oh, yeah that one is fun to explain to my users... and walk them through restoring the settings.

I whipped up a quick MSCR script that tries to do a pseudo AutoCAB like XDA_UC install... but for CHT Editor.

What this does to be totally HANDS FREE:
a. runs CHTEditor 2.0.0.0
b. simulates the *COMPLETE* user interaction to do a manual import of a CHT file
c. quits CHTE once the import is complete.
d. can work outside of XDA_UC

What you need to do:
a. edit the script
b. modify CHT_Import_Path to the location of your CHT file(s)
c. modify CHT_Import_File to put the filename you wish to use (do not include the file extension)
d. review my inline comments for other items important to you

Other:
1. others can use the script to form the basis to automate any other stuff for CHTE. I put enough comments in so hopefully others find it useful in other ways.

2. for those that see your quicklinks change, and you need to snap back to a good known CHT settings file... create a shortcut to run the script to import a working CHT file. Makes LIFE easier for you and you do not have to do all that tapping to import until the command line stuff is fixed - good luck.

Feedback always welcome... noted I tested this on two devices so far, and seems to work for my needs. Tweak as needed. Any problems, please let me know so I can fix it and post an updated script.

Attachment:
Version: 0.1 - initial release
ive tried this script. seems pretty nice but i keep getting a error "Did not get CHT import confirmation window". it pops up when chte says are you sure you want to overwrite your current settings with this import? Yes/No. the script's error message pops up almost immediately after the chte message. any suggestions?