View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM
puff601
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
Thanks for all the info mikedboyd. I'm looking over the links carefully.

About tethering teradog, I have one of the Dec 27th builds. I can't tell you which exact one at the moment. I haven't tried any tethering so far since I've been too worried about getting caught. So I don't know if it will actually work or not. I want to wifi tether. I made no changes besides unclocking and flashing the rom. Should I just move ahead and try it out then? What's Wifi monster and Wifi router? Differences?

Should "phone as modem" be on or off to tether? I don't know if I'm supposed to change this.

In general, I don't know what many of the programs do and what comes installed when to flash the rom. If you can add something like that to the FAQ that would be useful. This might be available already and apologize in advance if I missed it. Searching is challenging and I can rarely find answers.
i tether jus fine with no changes needed. DO NOT select phone as modem. if i recall correctly this is how your service provider can detect that you are tethering. select sprint (or whoever your provider is) as the connection and you should be fine. hope that helps.

ps i would like to know what wifi monster is for as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.