View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:10 PM
mikedboyd
Regular 'Geeker

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

• Stealth Tethering works just fine
  • The Sense Tabs are what they are. As you noted, you can choose which to use, but that's about it.
  • Carrier Provisioning should only be used if you are having issues with data on your carrier. As you are on Sprint, it should be just fine.
  • If you try other ROM's, or newer versions of the ROM you are on, you will lose any personal settings you don't save and restore.
  • Between Energy ROM's you should be able to use his Settings Exporter (with XDA_UC) and save/restore a lot. I also use PIM Backup and the Cookie Home Screen Settings backup (from the CHT Editor program). I get most of my settings this way. I also used Sashimi to capture my email settings and get them into an XML file.
  • You should also consider using Task 29 between the loading of different ROM's (not needed for a newer version of the same ROM). It totally cleans out your ROM space and makes everything squeaky clean. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...highlight=task
  • FAQ's - http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...nergy_CDMA_ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
Can anyone confirm about tethering being setup with this rom?

Is there a way to change what program opens when you click the buttons along the bottom? Is there a way to customize it instead of just being stuck with the list that's available and unchecking what you don't want?

What does carrier provisioning do? I have sprint and nothing is checked.

If I want to try other roms, will it reset all my of personal settings? Should I be using PIM Backup or Settings Export?

Thanks!

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
This post has been thanked 3 times.