View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:53 PM
SweetBearCub
Regular 'Geeker

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My TP2 won't start up with data connection automatically

Hmm. I don't see the correlation between you switching to WiFi one day and then having this bug start. But, with Windows Mobile, anything is possible..

I had an idea. On more recent Sprint WinMo phones, there is a (non-standard/non-stock) service that HTC & maybe Sprint added, its function is to revert any changes to the Connections area. I have no idea if it exists on your phone, but it might be worth checking.

Try this:

1) With a registry editor, go to: [HKLM\Services\CMGuardian] (It may be misspelled as CMGaurdian)
2) Create a new DWORD value called "Flags" and set the value data to "4". If it is already there then.. hmmm.
3) Wait 2 full minutes. Windows Mobile does not always commit registry edits right away, and if you soft-reset before they are committed, they will be lost. After 2 minutes, soft reset.

If the problem recurs, try going into the Connections settings area to fix it, then wait 2 minutes (like you did after you edited the registrty) and soft-rest. After that, does the error still happen?
This post has been thanked 2 times.