View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:11 AM
sly
VIP Member

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
Well.... to address the no slide bar zoom....

Yeah it doesn't have it but to me... saying that's the lone reason you're keeping 9.7 is like saying I'd rather own a penny than a quarter becuase I like the color copper better.
This analogy makes no sense! I prefer 9.7 because it has a feature I like and use frequently. Does everyone need to go buy a new razor if their old one works well? No.

Quote:
I'm not sure if you've tried the latest version of Opera 10 (there's 2) but it has intelligent one click zooming which to me eliminates, for me, the need for the zoom bar. One tap accurately (and quickly zooms and resizes).. I've never had the need to be in an inbetween zoom state (which I believe is the apeal to a slidebar).
There's no "intelligent one click zooming" in Opera 10. By default, the double-tap zoom is set at 100%. You can change this to anywhere from 60% - 200%. But it's a static setting without any intelligence behind the zoom.

Quote:
Again the speed increase from 9.7 (make sure you add the D3D drivers), the other added features I mentioned, and also the new user interface, I think, puts opera 10 in another league.

IMO I think Opera 10 should be stock and user have the option to put the 9.7 cab on
To be fair, I installed Opera 10 with the 3D3 drivers (actually, I discover this is the same as NeoS2007_Driverpack_3, which I was already using) for the past couple days. I do notice slightly smoother scrolling but that's my only pro for Opera 10. I find it's slower to display sites and doesn't link to the Sense bookmark tab.

At any rate, all I'm trying to say is that given the ease and lack of benefit from cooking in Opera 10, it's simply better to NOT cook it in and let those who want to install it themselves.