View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

yea, agreed Mann.. Who knows when NRG will if ever include the patched NK! Don't wait for me Ooextreme.. go for it.. I just don't quite have enough reason yet.. still on 21681

So, I'm curious, does the spb install completely remove & replace whatever startmenu you are using in the ROM? I'm guessing not, because if I switch back to my today screen (Cookie2, Easy or iphone) it still has a settings & it's the same as when I left it. So the question, if you simply installed it over the top of the orig cookie & startmenu, it would have less RAM correct? (I installed it over a startmenu I had already changed to panel.. thus already had the RAM savings).. So, using the NRG ROM is essential unless you want to do it manually as linked below...?! (thoughts?)

Re. spb talk, it's running on top of & enhances performance... we use NRG as our base ROM, & I still switch back to Cookie, use his burned in apps, startmenu, etc... we're simply pushing the limits & testing it out. (hacking, ect..) At this point, I've paid my dues & am not answering keyboard Q's, where's the X button, what is task29 questions anymore.. gotta leave stuff for others to get to VIP... plus I've done it a zillion times.. so what's left? New stuff... way cool

Over a month ago when I started getting into the startmenu replacements & extra RAM, asked NRG about it in a post in this thread... the next ROM, he burned in Quick Menu, and then the next one we had 5 options!!!!!!! Would be a lot different if we had multiple other threads in which we were posting almost the exact same information & exchanging the same ideas.. (as has happened in the past)

So, off topic? Maybe, does it lead to a better ROM build & does the real man (NRG) listen in? You bet he already did!

Here's the NK patch info in my orig post...

Last edited by teradog; 10-27-2010 at 08:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.