View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:27 AM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Ditto on holding out... I have a TP2 on SERO ($30/month + $7 insurance with Sprint).... NRG's roms have helped increase the usability and life of our TP2 (and other HTC devices) a great deal!

Is there a changelog anywhere for Oct. 13/14 - havent seen one.
re. changelog: not that I've seen (leo, twitter or here)
This is the first time in months I haven't flashed asap... seems this is mostly a theme upgrade, I use regular cookie 2 681, this ROM series is the same OS... Need to see if there are cookie 2 upgrades or significant changes to apps I actually use, otherwise, it makes no sense.. (no pun intended) :>))

+1 usability is a good term

re... Is there any good way to see if you have a TP2 that will OC well (i.e. "good mojo")?
>> not unless you have a buddy that works for sprint & he/she lets you test drive one for a couple hours!! :>) Actually, you could test many devices easy & quick, but you still need a buddy @ sprint to let you pop an SD card into a running TP2 & run the MSM7kcpuspeed app on each, push up the slider on each until it freezes... but even that's subject to debate as some people are of the opinion that OS's & ROM's heavily influence the top end as well... be a quick easy little test though wouldn't it?! :>))

You brought up monthly cost... ahh yea, for some people that doesn't matter... for those people, don't read this link. This thread I started when I EVO'd without looking into plan "grandfathering"... because in the zillion years I've been with Sprint, I hadn't worried about it yet... I wasn't on their bandwagon, so I was bad... (but then again, never been much of a fanboy, bandwagon type..) :>))

These numbers are still accurate. For those of you already on those other high cost plans or work pays for it... nevermind, it doesn't apply to you. For me, I've got other uses for that thousand bucks!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...r-2x-cost.html

Just my opinion...
*edit* hooot, 1st post on page 2700! wowsers..>> NRG popularity

Last edited by teradog; 10-15-2010 at 11:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.