Threadstarter

menoats is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to menoats Send a message via Yahoo to menoats
Re: Screen Scratch Test US Cellular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuddy View Post
Samsung used to make screens for HTC. super AMOLED goodness. to my knowledge Samsung uses gorilla glass in all their screens now. so we would have theoretically had it. but then Samsung got smart. they called up HTC and were all, "yo, eff you HTC, we want to make our own smartphones superior to what you make, so you can eff the eff off!" and HTC replied "omfg what!?!? YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME I AM A KOREAN POWERHOUSE!!!" an epic battle ensued, and Samsung won, took their screens and walked. then for a while HTC was running around screaming "oh snap! WE DONT HAVE SCREENS NO MOAR!!!!" and subsequently called up their dealer Sony for the hookup. thus the SLCD (aka TFT) was born.
That is pretty close but I think there is another version of that story. It goes like this. HTC was chilling in its Korean warehouse waiting for the delivery of the Super Amold screens from Samsung but it never came so HTC called up Samsung and was like "Yo Sammy where them screens at?" Then Sammy...err..I mean Samsung was like "Yo H we gots no more screens we barely gots any to put in our phone yo these super amold screens be hard to come by you gotta find them for yourself we through H Galaxy S, one!" Then HTC was like "Wait what yo? One what?" Then the dial tone came in and HTC decided they better call some other people so they called Sony and Sony was like "Yeah yo...we got screens tons nobody wants our phones for some reason how much you needs?" and a new friendship was made a friendship that did not offer Gorilla Glass protection to its consumers.