View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 02:10 PM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rom & Kernel review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
1) Can we have some sort of best performance rom, and kernel review thread?

Just way too many out there at the moment.

I've tried Myn's rom with King's kernel running for now, and it does what it's supposed to do, and got no complaints, but I can always go for better if there is one out there!

Thanks.

2) I have a question regarding rom and kernel. Flashing a rom flashes kernel it comes with correct? And you can flash different kernels right? Is there a method to just flashing kernel, and does it wipe the phone to factory reset when kernel is only flashed?

Thanks.
Some details can be found here;

HTC Supersonic/ROMs - XDA-Developers

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...Wc&hl=en#gid=0

There is one more site, I can't find ATM, that someone has online testing many of the roms and kernels and his results.. I'll edit once I find it.

#2 Answer; it is best practice to reset/wipe/clear all cache when flashing a different kernel, not all kernels work with all roms... Custom roms come with a kernel and most rom threads will give you information in the OP when they use a custom kernel. Most kernel threads include some sort of information or help, but YMMV.

-CC

EDIT: http://ttechnology.home.comcast.net/...ogy/index.html

P.S. Anyone reading this please drink lots of water, and read them sitting down, as it is known to cause light headedness actually searching and reading this stuff... You have been warned.

Last edited by clockcycle; 10-12-2010 at 02:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.