skuddy
PPCGeeks Regular

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Scratch Test US Cellular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by menoats View Post
For those of you with the HTC Desire for US Cellular has anyone manged to scratch their screen? Or be brave enough to do a screen scratch test purposely?

The first week I had mine I didn't have a screen protector applied but I was fairly careful. I purchased the screen protector but the thing looks terrible right now with scratches, mostly from my keys in my pocket.

I was looking at the Nexus One and the screen is really scratch resistant I'm sure not as good as the gorilla glass screens but still pretty good. The Desire is based on the Nexus One but I know US Cellular couldn't get the screens because of the shortages....

SooOOooo...long story short...has anyone scratched their screen by accident or has been brave enough to do a test?
Samsung used to make screens for HTC. super AMOLED goodness. to my knowledge Samsung uses gorilla glass in all their screens now. so we would have theoretically had it. but then Samsung got smart. they called up HTC and were all, "yo, eff you HTC, we want to make our own smartphones superior to what you make, so you can eff the eff off!" and HTC replied "omfg what!?!? YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME I AM A KOREAN POWERHOUSE!!!" an epic battle ensued, and Samsung won, took their screens and walked. then for a while HTC was running around screaming "oh snap! WE DONT HAVE SCREENS NO MOAR!!!!" and subsequently called up their dealer Sony for the hookup. thus the SLCD (aka TFT) was born.

Current Rom: MR.X 2.5 21903 + CHT 1.8.5