View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 11:14 PM
mplsfalls1973
PPCGeeks Regular

mplsfalls1973 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do I confirm I can use TP2 overseas ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
It's been close to 1 year and I have forgotten what all I unded to unlock the TP2/SIM...

Now I am looking at a vacation next month and would love to be able to use my TP2 with all the phone numbers etc in there already.
I forgot to mention, just because your phone numbers are already stored in the phone does not mean that you will be able to dial as you would here in the United States. You probably will not. Typically you would add 001 then the area code to call the United States, or 0044 to call the UK etc. If you plan to call the United States much I would suggest purchasing a $39 Magic Jack and taking an inexpensive corded telephone and using the free wifi connections most hotels have available. It could save you allot of money. Calls to the US from most of the countries I have traveled to or lived in are around $.75 to $1 a minute which adds up quikly. I have yet to travel to a country which blocks the ports for Magic Jack whereas I have traveled to countries which block other VOIP alternatives.