View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 07:17 PM
kots
Lurker

kots is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Instant Messaging Notification When Phone Is in Sleep Mode or Locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesle7 View Post
I have some friends that are cancelling their text plans with Verizon and using the instant messaging software.

The problem that I have is that when the Touch Pro 2 is in sleep mode or locked with the password protection, then the phone does not give any sound or notification that a new instant message was received.

Consequently I don't know I have a new instant message until I happen to turn on my phone and unlock it.

Is this just the way it is? Or has someone figured out some modification or adjustments to settings to allow for an alert/notification when the the phone is in sleep mode or locked with a password?

For example, a new text message will make a sound and show a symbol that there is a new text message received even though the phone was in sleep mode or locked with a password. I was hoping it was possible to get the same type of notification for instant messaging.
You can achieve this by switching to Palringo. It will vibrate or sound a notification (depending on the current sound profile) and will also show a bright yellow envelope on the task bar indicating a new message. It does not flash the LED of the phone though. Attached is the cab file.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Palringo-WinMob_v2_5_2.cab (3.61 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!